SAS Sr. Technical Consultant
Job Title: SAS Technical Consultant
Location: Reston, VA
Employment type: Full time
Work Hours: M-F, 8-5 (on-site)
Status: US Citizen or Permanent Resident
To meet the growing demand for SAS solutions and services we are looking for an additional Senior SAS Technical Consultant to join our team. The role is a client facing position within our industry-leading Information Management Consulting Practice reporting to the Practice Manager.
The ideal candidate will have strong practical experience with SAS platform and solutions installations and configurations.
- Installation, configuration, migration and upgrade of SAS platform and solutions
- Integration, performance and stress testing of SAS platform and solutions
- Development of automation scripts (SAS Base, shell) and utilities for installation, migration and monitoring of SAS Platform and solutions
- Troubleshooting technical issues in existing SAS environments, including complex and non-trivial issues, performance issues. End-to-end solution and database performance analysis and optimization (application-platform-database). .
- Support of business and IT users
- Interaction with the customer (business users, project management, IT, Operations), vendor (SAS) and T1A team as required during project delivery
- Writing and editing project documentation like installation guides, operating manuals etc.
- Learning alternative software and solution platforms and engaging in similar activities with other software besides SAS as necessary
- Bachelor degree (or above) in Computer Science,
- At least 3 years of experience with SAS platform as administrator, technical consultant, technical expert, developer
- SAS Base, Macro programming skills and experience
- At least 3 years of experience, solid skills and deep understanding of fundamental principles of Linux operation system, fluent usage of command line
- At least 3 years of experience with relational databases (one of following - Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, etc), strong SQL skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- “SAS Certified Platform Administrator for SAS 9” certification
- Experience with SAS solutions like SAS Marketing Automation, SAS Real-Time Decision Manager, SAS Credit Scoring, SAS Merchandise intelligence
- SAS Visual Analytics and SAS Visual Data Builder - developing reports, maintenance and troubleshooting, installation and configuration
- Experience installing, migrating, upgrading SAS platform and applications
- Solid shell script programming skills on Linux/UNIX environment
- Experience with multiple databases (Oracle, DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, Teradata, Netezza) as database developer, DBA.
- Experience with UNIX operating systems besides Linux (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX)
- Extensive experience working with other software platforms and solutions as technical consultant, expert, developer, technical support specialist